Following the most recent government guidelines we are planning to re-open Bishop Middleham Village Hall on 17th May 2021. We have all the agreed safety procedures in place including a QR code, dedicated entrance and exit, hand sanitiser, and reduced capacity guidelines. So we look forward to welcoming everyone back after this date. Please get in touch to make a booking.
Any questions please contact:
Caretaker Yvonne – Mobile 07342 943896
Yvonne – Home 01740 650811
Trustee Jane – Mobile 07880 980906
Trustee Carolyn – Mobile 07795203091
Regular Activities (hall closed until further notice )
- Bizzy Bees: Weekly Mondays, 9:15-11:15
- Social Club: Weekly, Mondays, 12:45- 3:15pm
- Craft Class: Weekly, Tuesdays, 10:00-12:00am
- Rainbows: Weekly, (Girls 5-7 yrs), Tuesdays 5:00-6:00pm
- Brownies: Weekly, (Girls 7-10 yrs), Tuesdays, 6:00-7:15pm
- Happy Days Playgroup (children): Weekly, Tuesdays 9:00-11:00am. Fridays, 9:00-11:00am
- BALM (Bereavement and Loss Meetings): Monthly, first Wednesday of each month from 7:00-8:30pm
- Pilates: Thursday 6:15-7:15
- Indoor Bowls: Weekly, Wednesday's 1-3pm, Fridays, 1:15 – 3:30pm
- Aikido: Weekly, 7:30-8:30pm
- Village Hall Association: Monthly, 1st Tuesday, 6:30-7:15pm
- Women’s Institute: Monthly, 3rd Tuesday, 7:00-9:00pm
- Parish Council: Monthly, 2nd Wed, 7:00-9:00pm
- Local History Society: Monthly, 2nd Friday, 7:00-9:00pm
- Book Club: Monthly, 3rd Sunday, 7:00-9:00pm
Julia Forbes Tel: 01740 657187
Margaret Reed. Tel: 01740 654866
Doreen Wright. Tel: 01740 651341
Ali Barker. Tel: 01740 656144
Brownies is for girls aged 7-10 years.
We work as teams whilst encouraging individuality to learn about our community and earn badges. Recent activities have included a two night outward bounds residential and competing in Swimathon at Spennymoor leisure centre. For more information or to get involved go to Brownies.girlguiding.org.uk
Louise Flint. Tel: 01740 652892
Sue Newton. Tel: 01740 656935. Email Susannewton52@aol.com
Janet Deane. Tel: 01740 656391
Doreen Webster. Tel: 01740 656978. Contact via Tricia Little Email: Tricia.firstname.lastname@example.org
The WI plays a unique role in providing women with educational opportunities and the chance to build new skills, to take part in a wide variety of activities and to campaign on issues that matter to them and their communities.
Bishop Middleham’s WI meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at Bishop Middleham Village Hall, all women are welcome. This year our President is Judith Alderson, who is also Durham’s County Chairman. In 2017 Durham County celebrated its centenary, and it 2018 Bishop Middleham’s WI was 90 years old. At our February 2019 meeting we are holding a WI birthday party.
On 4th April Bishop Middleham will be hosting a Durham County event for all WI members with a Supper and entertainment. 7pm-9pm. Tickets are on sale at our meetings. We have a full programme of events over the year, see our facebook page for more information or contact our president Judith Alderson.
Judith Alderson.Tel: 01740 654956. Email email@example.com.
President: Gordon Henderson
Chair: Susan Wade 01740 653161
Treasurer: Malcolm Houston 01740 650811
Sue Wade. Tel: 01740 653161
All meetings are held at 7pm Bishop Middleham Village Hall
Would you like to talk about the books you have read?
Do you want to spend time with other readers?
Then join ‘Bishop Middleham Book Club’
We meet every 3rd Sunday of the month. In Bishop Middleham Village Hall, at 7pm, DL17 9AJ - £2/session. Except August - when there is no meeting. In December we meet for a Christmas meal. We have a closed Facebook page too. All books are being sourced from West Cornforth library part of Durham County Council Library service. Our next meeting will be: Sunday 19th November. We are also part of The Reading Agency.
- We read books we wouldn’t necessarily pick off the shelf.
- We share our thoughts and opinions on the books we have read, we often disagree!
- We share good reads and make recommendations
- After we read ‘Room’ we went to see the film together.
- We always have lots to say and plenty of laughs.
- We have a quiz team, once a month, at The Cross Keys, we never win, but the chips are good!
Carolyn Waterworth. Tel: 07795 203091, firstname.lastname@example.org
The show is held annually at the beginning of September and the meetings consist of discussions around the classes for the show from baking and arts & crafts to flowers, vegetables and photography along with discussion of new ideas for how to get more people involved and how to make the show more of an event. The society has been running in its current form for 34 years and we hope will continue for many years to come, evolving with the needs of the village to provide a show that is a well supported and anticipated village event.
Even if you can’t get to the meetings get in touch if you can be available to help on the day or please pick up a schedule from the post office (usually available from July) and enter whatever you can on the day. If you are interested in being more involved please get in touch with any member of the committee or with the treasurer.