Following the most recent government guidelines we are planning to re-open Bishop Middleham Village Hall on 17th May 2021. We have all the agreed safety procedures in place including a QR code, dedicated entrance and exit, hand sanitiser, and reduced capacity guidelines. So we look forward to welcoming everyone back after this date. Please get in touch to make a booking.
We are still open for all organised groups. (See risk assessment & government form). As long as they follow all the guidelines to them safe.
• You must wear face coverings and maintain good hand hygiene on entering premises and throughout visit.
• If partaking in permitted activities users of COVID-19 secure community facilities should limit their social interactions with anyone they do not live with. Whilst activities may have 6 or more people participating (where it is safe to do so and capacity permits) it is important for all parties to maintain socially distant, 2 metres or 1 metre with actions taken to reduce the risk of transmission (where 2 metres is not viable) between households. For example, use of face coverings and encouraging good hand hygiene on entering premises and throughout visit.
• You MUST keep a record of the date and time the activity started and the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event (or a member of any group of up to 6 people who attend together). This can be done either by operating an advance booking system which collects these details, or by asking everyone who attends to use the NHS QR code poster at the hall entrance to register their attendance and by keeping a record of any who do not register using their smartphone app and the hall’s NHS QR code poster or your own NHS QR poster.
Further guidelines are available HERE.
Any further questions please contact:
Caretaker Yvonne – Mobile 07342 943896
Yvonne – Home 01740 650811
Trustee Jane – Mobile 07880 980906
Trustee Carolyn – Mobile 07795203091
The Hall may be booked for recurring or single lettings. Hall hire is charged by the hour or session (see below for charges).
There are three different rooms available, or the whole building can be hired, depending on availability.
- Hirers must be aged 18 years or over. If the event is to involve persons under the age of 18 years, the Hirer must give assurances that children under 18 will be supervised and safeguarding policies are adhered to.
- No responsibility whatsoever can be taken for any ‘personal’ items left on the premises or any damage caused by them to the premises or any misuse of them by others.
- No charge is made for cleaning, provided that all facilities are left clean, tidy and in good repair, including the toilets, the cooker and refrigerator if used. Any charges incurred due to breakages, poor cleaning, failure to replace furniture, etc. will be passed on to the Hirer.
- No apparatus or equipment can be left on the premises without the prior consent of the Committee.
The Committee reserves the right to cancel any booking by giving notice in writing and returning the hiring charge, should the purpose of hiring the Hall be in any way improper, or should the building be required as a Polling Station.
Special Hiring Terms & Conditions
- Full access to WIFI
- Full wheelchair access
- Disabled Toilet
- Induction Loop System
- Parking: There is space for car parking on the Hall forecourt as well as on-street parking in Front Street and nearby streets.
- Meetings, Seminars
- Film shows
- Education classes
- Consultation events
- Social, community events
- Musical events
- Dance and exercise classes
- Parties, coffee mornings
- Stage performances, eg, Pantomimes
(A group run by volunteers, not for profit and entirely for the benefit of the group members of the wider community)
- Whole Building: £12/hr
- Main Hall: £8.50/hr
- Supper Room: £6/hr
- Committee Room: £5/hr
Small Local Charity/Private Party
(A registered charity, CIC , private social function)
- Whole Building: £14.50/hr
- Main Hall: £11/hr
- Supper Room: £9/hr
- Committee Room: £7.50/hr
Private Company, Large or National Charity, Public Sector Body
(Local Authority, County Councilor, NHS body, National charity or Private company. Hirer making a profit from use of the hall)
- Whole Building: £20/hr
- Main Hall: £15/hr
- Supper Room: £12/hr
- Committee Room: £11/hr