New room hire prices-1st April 2019
Bishop Middleham Village Hall
Is managed and maintained by a small group of volunteers.
Built in the 1960s, the building was funded by the local council and by contributions from residents. Regular donations from residents contributed to its upkeep for many years. Over the years many residents have contributed their time and skills to the village hall and its committee. The hall has been maintained, extended and improved thanks to the efforts of hundreds of people. A very important asset to the Parish, the Hall is used by a range of community groups, and is regularly hired for parties, meetings, presentations, and a variety of classes.
On January 9th 2018 the old charity Bishop Middleham Village Hall Association converted into a CIO - a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. This will provide a more up-to-date framework for managing the Hall and will remove the liability of Trustees.
- to build on the achievements of the past
- to encourage community cohesion, health and well-being in the present day
- to maintain the hall for future generations
Bishop Middleham Village Hall is committed to developing its services and activities in a non -discriminatory manner. All members and sections of our community are valued and we are committed to ensuring that the views and interests of local people are incorporated into every aspect of our organisation.
Bishop Middleham Village Hall – AGM. Monday 29th April-6:30pm
The inaugural AGM since the Village Hall became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) will be held at 6.30pm on Monday 29th April 2019. As always it would be great to have as many people as possible at the meeting and to receive updates from our user groups.
• Our first AGM as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation
• Meet our Trustees
• Hear from our user groups
• Refreshments available
Church Ceilidh on Saturday 8th June
- Bizzy Bees: Weekly Mondays, 9:15-11:15
- Social Club: Weekly, Mondays, 12:45- 3:15pm
- Youth Club: Weekly, Ages 10-13, Mondays 5:30-7:00pm. (Ends 1st April)
- Craft Class: Weekly, Tuesdays, 10:00-12:00am
- Rainbows: Weekly, (Girls 5-7 yrs), Tuesdays 5:00-6:00pm
- Brownies: Weekly, (Girls 7-10 yrs), Tuesdays, 6:00-7:15pm
- Happy Days Playgroup (children): Weekly, Tuesdays 9:00-11:00am. Fridays, 9:00-11:00am
- Fitness Class: Weekly, Wednesdays, 09:30-10:30am
- BALM (Bereavement and Loss Meetings): Monthly, first Wednesday of each month from 7:00-8:30pm
- Indoor Bowls: Weekly, Fridays, 1:15 – 3:30pm
- Aikido: Weekly, 7:30-8:30pm
- Dancersise: Weekly, Thursdays, 7:30-9:00pm
- Village Hall Association: Monthly, 1st Tuesday, 6:30-7:15pm
- Women’s Institute: Monthly, 3rd Tuesday, 7:00-9:00pm
- Parish Council: Monthly, 2nd Wed, 7:00-9:00pm
- Local History Society: Monthly, 2nd Friday, 7:00-9:00pm
- Book Club: Monthly, 3rd Sunday, 7:00-9:00pm
MAIN HALL (with stage):
Room Capacity 140
Size approx: 14mx9m.
This is a large room with a high ceiling, with plenty of light. The stage area has good stage lighting facilities. There is also a piano, suitable for rehearsals.
SUPPER ROOM (with kitchen):
Room Capacity 50
Size approx: 8mx6m.
This room has a kitchen, with cooker, plenty of cutlery and crockery, a water boiler and a good range of catering equipment.
Room Capacity 12
Size approx: 6mx3m.
Appropriate for small or private meetings. There are tables and chairs provided for all events.